Public Works and Engineering
The Public Works Department is responsible for major capital projects as well as maintenance, inspection, and review of construction and repairs associated with the Town of Los Altos Hills’ municipal infrastructure. The Department is headed by the Public Works Director/City Engineer, who reports directly to the City Manager.
The department provides support for private development projects, code enforcement issues, Town events, review and response of resident requests, management of the Town’s capital improvement projects, and oversight and maintenance of the Town’s infrastructure and assets. On a day-to-day basis, the Public Works Department staff provide technical support to residents, contractors, consultants, other Town departments, and boards and agencies related to the Town's standards, processes, regulations, and codes related to private land development projects, work in the public right-of-way, and Town's infrastructure and assets. Some of the typical responsibilities of the Public Works Department includes oversight of capital improvement projects and improvements and maintenance of the Town’s sanitary sewers, storm drainage systems, roads, pathways, parks, and other facilities. The Department also facilitates and coordinates the procurement process to successfully deliver many public projects efficiently and cost effectively.
The Engineering staff are available to answer questions on storm drainage, sanitary sewer and other land development issues, in addition to performing technical reviews for site plans and subdivision plans. We pride ourselves in providing Los Altos Hills residents with the highest quality customer service, with integrity, and utmost professionalism.
Underground Service Alert (USA) Notice:
The Town of Los Altos Hills is NOT responsible for marking:
- Gravity Flow Facilities (i.e. storm, sanitary sewer, private, laterals, etc.)
The Town of Los Altos Hills will mark:
- Public Sanitary Sewer Force Mains
If you submitted a USA ticket and would like the Town's utility maps of your site, please contact the Public Works Department.
IF YOU REQUIRE IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE DUE TO A SEWER PROBLEM, PLEASE CALL:
Homeowner Responsibilities for Sewer Lateral
Click on the image below to review sewer right of way responsibilities
Private Roadway Agreements
Please contact the City Clerk if you would like these documents in Microsoft Word.
Engineering & Public Works Documents
- NEW January 2022 - Pathway Projects Update
- List of Engineering and Public Works Documents
- Pavement Management System Update (PDF) - February, 2018
- Standard Details
- Ordinance Banning the Use of Polystyrene (PDF)
- 2014 Traffic Calming Guide (PDF) (approved by City Council May 15, 2014)
- Study of Pedestrian Path along W. Loyola and Mora Drives - October 13, 2016 (PDF)
- Preliminary Maps Trail People Loyola Pages 1 to 5 (file is large-please allow time to load) (PDF)
- Preliminary Maps Trail People Loyola Pages 6 to 10 (file is large-please allow time to load) (PDF)
- Preliminary Maps Trail People Mora Pages 1 to 7 (file is large-please allow time to load) (PDF)
- Townwide Creek Maintenance Plan
- Integrated Pest Management