Important Phone Numbers

Trash & Recycling

Solid waste services are provided under a franchise agreement with Green Waste Recovery, Inc. The agreement covers garbage collection, weekly pickup of recyclable materials and yard waste (on the same day), provision of debris boxes for large clean-up projects, and three free town-wide clean-up days at collection points throughout the Town. For scheduling of home services, residents should call GreenWaste at 650-947-4994 with at least 48 hours notice. For information on the town-wide clean-up days and free yard waste pick at Foothill College, please check the Town’s Calendar.

Town residents can dispose of their Household Hazardous Waste through a program run by the Santa Clara County Department of Environmental Health. Residents can schedule drop-off of household hazardous waste products at one of the County’s facilities online or by contacting the agency at 408-299-7300.

Water Services

Water is supplied to approximately 2/3s of the Town residents by the Purissima Hills Water District. The District is governed by a publicly-elected board. The remaining 1/3 of residents are served by California Water Service Company, an investor owned utility company.

Flood control services are provided through the Santa Clara Valley Water District. Five of the members of the District Board are elected and 2 are appointed by the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors.

Gas & Electricity

Gas and Electricity are provided to Town residents by Pacific Gas and Electric Company. To report outages and obtain emergency information, residents are encouraged to call 800-PGE-5000 (800-743-5000).


Sanitary Sewer Maintenance is provided by the Town of Los Altos Hills. Overflow and backup service requests should be reported to the Town at 650-941-7222 during the work week, between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For emergency service after regular office hours and on weekends and holidays, residents should contact the Santa Clara County Communication Center at 408-299-3233.

TV, Phone & Internet

Cable television services are provided to the Town by Comcast. For subscription and customer service information, residents can call 800-945-2288.

For those that currently do not have access to Comcast’s services, read through these Cable Internet Broadband Service FAQs (PDF).

Satellite internet Services is available from several vendors such as Exede Internet and Viasat.

Telephone services are offered by AT&T. Residents can report telephone service problems by dialing 611 or 800-332-1321.