First Wildfire Preparedness Fair to be held in Los Altos Hills on October 23
Due to the increasing wildfire danger facing communities in California, the Los Altos Hills County Fire District (LAHCFD), in collaboration with the Town of Los Altos Hills, is holding its first annual Wildfire Preparedness Fair.
Attendance at the fair will give residents the opportunity to learn how to:
- Evacuate safely in the event of wildfire
- Insure homes in wildfire areas and determine the right emergency disaster coverage
- Prepare their homes and property for wildfires with the help of LAHCFD programs
- Prepare for power outages
Residents are invited to visit with and learn from participating agency booths and the many emergency preparedness groups who will be presenting:
- 10:00 am - PG&E - How to prepare for Public Safety Power Shutoffs
- 11:00 am - County of Santa Clara Supervisor Joe Simitian, District 5, remarks and Volunteer Recognition awards
- 11:30 am - Santa Clara County FireSafe Council - How to protect your home from wildfire
- 12:00 pm - CA Insurance Commissioner Ricardo Lara’s office - Understanding Wildfire Insurance
- 1:00 pm - Santa Clara County Fire Department - Using ZoneHaven to understand evacuation notifications:
- 2:00 pm - Los Altos Hills County Fire District - Preparedness Programs and Projects
There will be live demonstrations including Fire Extinguisher Training with the Los Altos Hills Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) and free public training.
The entire family is invited to attend in costume to celebrate Halloween and learn how to Be Wicked Prepared. There will be a raffle for emergency preparedness items for visiting the booths, and prizes for best adult, child, and family costume at 3:00 pm.
Join your community, bring the family, and have fun!
Residents who can’t attend are encouraged to prepare in other ways:
1. Sign up for Alert SCC http://www.AlertSCC.org
2. Make a disaster kit (Go Bag)
3. Make an exit plan: “Know two ways out!“
For more information on the Fair or on programs offered by LAHCFD, visit www.LAHCFD.org