Traffic Lights at Page Mill/I-280 Off Ramps
Public Works/Engineering Department
Updated: August 15, 2014
To address safety concerns, Caltrans is proposing to install traffic signals at the southbound and northbound off-ramps of I-280 at Page Mill Road. The County of Santa Clara, City of Palo Alto, and the Town of Los Altos Hills have been working together to request Caltrans incorporate additional measures to improve safety for pedestrians, equestrians, and bicyclists. The interim concept plan was prepared by the County of Santa Clara for review and discussion purposes. The Town of Los Altos Hills would like to receive public input and recommendations from its residents and users to facilitate safer pedestrian, equestrian and bicyclist access.
A conceptual long term (ultimate) plan was also prepared by the County for information and discussion purposes. The long term plan will be finalized and implemented in the future by the local agencies and/or County. Caltrans will not be implementing the long term plan as it is beyond the scope of Caltrans' funding program.
The interim concept plan below is for review and discussion purposes only. It is subject to change without notice and may differ from the actual Caltrans final approved plans for construction.
. Thank you for your interest.
Agency and Consultant Communications:
- Stanford Perimeter Trail Report, July 24, 2014
- City Manager's email re: possible expansion of Caltran's Park and Ride lot in LAH, June 26, 2014
- Consultant's Report on Observations at Page Mill Road Park_and_Ride Lot, June 6, 2014
- Presentation by the County of Santa Clara Airport & Roads Dept. on the Expressway 2040 Plan at City Council Meeting, May 15, 2014
- County looks to revamp Palo Alto's expressways, April 3, 2014
- Page Mill Road / I-280 Interchange signalization proposal will require additional study, April 2, 2014
- Presentation from public meeting on November 12, 2013
- Recommendation adopted by the Traffic Safety Committee - March, 26, 2013
- County Enhancements to Page Mill/I-280 Interchange Improvements
- Upcoming Meetings:
Click here for Larger Image