Mr. Carl Cahill has served as the Town of Los Altos Hills’ City Manager since 2006. The City Manager has administrative responsibility and authority to ensure that the laws and ordinances of the Town are duly enforced. He is responsible for managing and giving direction to all department heads except the City Attorney. The City Manager is appointed by, and serves at the pleasure of, the City Council.
Town Organizational Chart
City Manager's Reports
Major responsibilities of the City Manager include:
- Represents the Town with other governmental agencies.
- Recommends adoption of ordinances and resolutions to execute the City Council's policies.
- Advises the City Council of the fiscal condition of the Town.
- Prepares an annual budget and Capital Improvement Plan.
- Exercises general supervision over all public buildings, parks, and other public properties under the control of the Town.
- Appoints or removes employees of the Town.
For email contact: Carl Cahill - City Manager