The membership of this Committee consists of a minimum of five (5) and a maximun of eleven (11) members. Members shall be selected so as to ensure, to the extent possible, a representation of school districts serving the Town. The mission of the Education Committee shall be to preserve, support and promote public education opportunities for the residents of Los Altos Hills.
||2nd Wednesday of the month
|Time & Place:
||7:00 pm; Los Altos Hills City Council Chambers
City Council Liaison: Council Member John Harpootlian
|Heather Rose (Chair)
Education Committee Agenda and Minutes
- The Education Committee currently has six (6) members. Four (4) members are required for a quorum.
The Charges to and Duties of this Committee shall be:
- To promote and preserve neighborhood public education in Los Altos Hills;
- To promote attendance at public schools serving Los Altos Hills, and to act as a resource of information for residents regarding choices in education;
- To monitor Los Altos Hills attendance at public and private schools serving our residents;
- To support the Parks and Recreation Committee (as needed) in working with school officials to promote using school facilities for recreational/community activities for our residents;
- To maintain a good relationship with public school districts serving the Town; to monitor their actions, and, to advocate on behalf of Los Altos Hills as appropriate; and,
- To keep the City Council informed of public education matters of interest and to call for action as needed.
Updated: June 20, 2014