- 7:00 p.m.
- The 4th Monday of the month
- City Council Chambers
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Current MembersCouncil Liaison: Roger Spreen
|Member||Term Expires||Member||Term Expires|
|Alisa Bredo (Chair)||Aug 2023||Bridget Morgan||Mar 2023|
|Melissa Dyrdahl||Dec 2020||Judy Nagy||Jan 2021|
|Nick Dunckel||Dec 2020||Valerie Metcalf||Nov 2021|
|Ann Duwe||Dec 2020||Richard Partridge||Mar 2023|
|Robert Elson||Dec 2020||Sonja Wilkerson||Dec 2020|
- Susan Cretekos
- Nina Sutaria
The membership of this Committee shall consist of a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 11 members. The Town Council appoints new members and thereby dictates the size of the committee. To hold a meeting, a quorum of members must be present. Regular meetings stat at 7:00 pm and often run until 10:00 pm, sometimes later.
The Saturday before the regular monthly meeting, Pathways Committee members meet to walk the properties that have been sent by the Planning Director for review. These walks allow members to view properties firsthand so informed input can be offered at the monthly meeting. If a member cannot attend the Saturday walk, it is expected that he/she will view the properties at a separate time.
The charges to and duties of this Committee shall be to:
- Work for the preservation and enhancement of the pathways within the Town for the use and enjoyment of all residents.
- Review and recommend changes to the Master Plan and the Bicycle Plan.
- Make recommendations at subdivision, site development, Planning Commission and City Council meetings regarding pathway easements. Attendance of Pathways Committee members may be useful, but is not required.
- Meet regularly with the City Manager or the Manager’s designee to render advice on pathway activities, priorities, and necessary maintenance.
- Communicate to residents the concepts and locations of paths and trails within the Town.
- Study and recommend ordinances and resolutions relating to acquisition, construction, maintenance and use and pathways.
- Communicate Town policies and procedures regarding pathways if advised to do so by the City Council.
- Make recommendations to the City Council regarding both the maintenance and capital improvements budgets.
- Participate in various Town activities and projects including:
- Staff a table at Town events such as the Town Picnic
- Organizing and promoting the annual New Year's Day Walk
- Working with Parks and Rec staff to include information regarding the pathways system in appropriate Town publications
- Initiating Pathway Project Proposals - this entails working on a detailed proposal for each project (template provided) to be prioritized and voted o by the Pathways Committee and presented as recommendations to the Town Finance and Investment Committee and Town Council
- In addition to being familiar with the pathways system, understanding, surveying, construction, or engineering specifications is welcome, but not required
Special charge to and duty of this Committee’s chair shall be to serve as the Town’s representative to the Valley Transportation Authority’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee or to designate a committee member to fulfill this Council assigned obligation. Upon selection of the representative, the Chair is to provide the City Clerk with the appointee information and as dictated by protocol for official notification, a letter will be forwarded to the Valley Transportation Authority Board of Directors for appointment confirmation.