The Planning Department administers Site Development, Zoning and other planning related permits, reviews proposed development for compliance with the General Plan, Zoning Ordinance and other polices and regulations, and prepares long range planning and policy documents. Planning is also responsible for the administration and updates to the General Plan and Zoning Ordinance, conducting environmental review pursuant to CEQA and providing general customer service to the public.
Planning provides support to the Planning Commission and City Council on development and land use matters, and coordinates with the Environmental Design and Protection, Open Space, and Pathway committees in the review and processing of Site Development applications.
- The outdoor Planning Counter at Town Hall is OPEN 9:00 am to 11:00 am and 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm, Monday through Thursday. A planner is available to answer questions and review/accept applications for submittal during these hours.
- Construction projects are REQUIRED to comply with the County of Santa Clara’s Mandatory Directive for Construction Projects. This Mandatory Directive was most recently revised on December 16, 2020. Additional information can be found on the County's Public Health website. Failure to comply with the County's Directive will result in the cancellation of any inspections, issuance of a Stop Work Notice and/or a citation.
- For planning questions, to submit an application, or to schedule an appointment with a Planner, please call 650-941-7222 or email the Planning Department.
FY 2021-22 Fee Schedule
On August 23, 2021, the FY 21-22 Fee Schedule will go into effect. All Planning fees will be increased by approximately 4 percent. The current and proposed fee schedule can be viewed here.
Development Review Meetings
Fast Track & Site Development Hearings are held each week on Tuesday at 10:00 am. Upcoming meeting agendas and project information are posted to the Agenda Center and the Public Meeting Resources page.
Planning Commission Meetings are held on the first Thursday or each month at 6:00 pm. Meeting agendas, minutes and staff reports are posted on the Granicus Media Archive to view all current and past public hearing agendas and minutes.
Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Requirements
Visit the Town’s Accessory Dwelling Unit Web Page to learn about the Town’s site development and building code regulations for ADUs.
Site Development Permit Process
For questions regarding the planning process and timeline for obtaining a Site Development Permit, please review the Site Development Process Road Map.
The Town of Los Altos Hills Interactive Geographic Information System (GIS) map provides zoning and land use designations, along with property information and our ongoing pathway system inventory. To locate a property, follow these steps:
- Click on "Search Parcel by Address"
- Type in name of street in "Street Name" search box
- Type in street number of address in "Street Number" search box or locate number in drop down list
- Click "Search" button, map will zoom to selected property
- Click on yellow highlighted parcel to view property information