Public Works and Engineering
The Public Works Department is responsible for major capital projects as well as maintaining, inspecting, and reviewing construction and repairs associated with the Town of Los Altos Hills’ municipal infrastructure. The department is headed by the City Engineer and Public Works Director, who reports directly to the City Manager.
On a day-to-day basis the Public Works Department provides technical support to residents, contractors, consultants, and other Town departments, boards and agencies regarding the installation and development of roads, sewers, drains, and overseeing capital improvement projects, such as the enhancement of the Town’s pathway system, inspection of various public and private projects. Some of the typical responsibilities of the Public Works Department involve the design, permitting, review and inspection, monitoring and repairing of the Town’s sewers, drainage systems, roads and pathways. The Department also coordinates with consultants, bids and awards contracts in its efforts to successfully complete many projects efficiently and cost effectively.
The Engineering Department is available to answer questions on drainage, sewer and other land development issues, in addition to performing technical reviews for site plans and subdivision plans in support of other Town Departments. We pride ourselves in providing Los Altos Hills residents with the highest quality customer service, with integrity, and utmost professionalism.
Private Roadway Agreements
Please contact the City Clerk if you would like these documents in Microsoft Word.
Engineering & Public Works Documents
- List of Engineering and Public Works Documents
- Pavement Management System Update (PDF) - February, 2018
- Standard Details
- Ordinance Banning the Use of Polystyrene (PDF)
- 2014 Traffic Calming Guide (PDF) (approved by City Council May 15, 2014)
- Study of Pedestrian Path along W. Loyola and Mora Drives - October 13, 2016 (PDF)
- Preliminary Maps Trail People Loyola Pages 1 to 5 (file is large-please allow time to load) (PDF)
- Preliminary Maps Trail People Loyola Pages 6 to 10 (file is large-please allow time to load) (PDF)
- Preliminary Maps Trail People Mora Pages 1 to 7 (file is large-please allow time to load) (PDF)
- Townwide Creek Maintenance Plan