Governor Gavin Newsom directive calling for self-isolation of anyone 65 years of age or older and those with chronic conditions.
Resources for Sheltering in Place:
Be a good neighbor, phone to ensure your neighbors are not in need of care.
Dial 2-1-1 to get connected to a specialist for personalized assistance.Free, Confidential, 24/7. Available in multiple languages.
Adult Protective Services 24-hour Hotline: call for help, if you or someone you know suspect abuse of a senior or dependent adult 800-414-2002.
Santa Clara County Library: Online Resources, books, movies, music, magazines, newspapers and more. Learn a new language, take a class, learn something artsy all online at the Santa Clara County Library website.
Book Chat: Conference call with Librarian Amytha to talk about books on Monday Mornings at 9:00 am. All you need is a phone call 415-527-3546. Enter an access code: 5459015 followed by #. It will ask you to say your name and then press #. Then you are in.
Facebook Live Book Chat: Ask Librarian Amytha any questions about the library questions you might have and she will get you started in the right direction on Friday mornings at 9:00 am. All you need is a computer, device, or smart phone
Senior Shopping Hours:
Draeger’s Market Los Altos 7:00 to 8:00 am Mondays and Thursdays
Safeway Los Altos 6:00 to 9:00 am Tuesdays and Thursdays
Andronico’s Los Altos 7:00 to 9:00 am Tuesdays and Thursdays
Demartini Orchard 7:00 to 9:00 am Daily
Senior Community Resources
Work of the Los Altos Hills/Los Altos Senior Commission
- A Beginning Resource for Seniors (PDF)
- Age-Friendly Design (PDF)
- Education (PDF)
- Health Services (PDF)
- Housing (PDF)
- Social Participation (PDF)
- Transportation (PDF)
Senior Resources & Facilities Forum Presentations
- Safety at Home for Seniors Forum LAH County Fire Programs Presentation (PDF)
- Safety at Home for Seniors Forum SCC Sheriff LAH Presentation (PDF)
- Little House Overview (PDF)
- Safety at Home for Seniors Forum LAH Planning Department Presentation (PDF)
- Safety at Home for Seniors Forum Sourcewise Presentation (PDF)
- City of Los Altos Senior Overview (PDF)
- Safety at Home for Seniors Forum Video