Public Works Department
Town of Los Altos Hills
Public Works Activity Report
Period: 12/26/21 – 12/30/21 (12/31 is the New Year holiday)
- Assistant Engineer Brian Pambuan’s last day with the Town was on 12/30/21
- Public Works Director Oscar Antillon is out this week
1. Page Mill Road Crosswalk at Foothill Park
- Received review comments from Santa Clara County Roads and Airports Department and City of Palo Alto’s Transportation and Building Departments. City of Palo Alto requests that the crosswalk connection to the existing asphalt path be ADA compliant. Town’s Public Works Director is reaching out to City of Palo Alto’s Public Works Director for a meeting to discuss the proposed crosswalk.
2. Page Mill Road Bike Lane, from Barry Hill Court to Arastradero Road (Southbound) –
- Consultant W-Trans has provided a draft report on 12/9/2021. The report recommends installing signs and pavement markings as notifications to motorists and bicyclists to share the road.
- Contractor will install four (4) sharrow markings on pavement.
- Town crew ordered the signs and will install them when available.
1. Town Hall Addition
- Made a request for and had received a Chamber A/V schematic
- Coordinated the addition of the fire sprinkler/alarm work, and attended the Fire Final inspection
- Provided additional punch list items, and inspected a leak in HVAC system in Town Chamber attic
- Reviewed contractor’s response to punch list items
2. East Sunset Drive Roadway Widening – reviewed contract specifications and provided comments
- City Clerk advertised the bid on a local newspaper on December 29, 2021.
- Will post the contract on the Town’s website and provide a copy to the Builders Exchange.
Private Development Projects
- 13210 East Sunset Drive – prepared right-of-way easement and pathway easement dedication documents
- 13505 Burke Road - prepared a right-of-way easement dedication document
- Reviewed and provided comments or conditions of approval of the projects to Planning staff
- Reviewed projects and coordinated with Building Technician for building permit clearance
- Performed site inspection with Planning staff for various private site development projects.
- Provided customer services at counter, via emails, and phone calls on various questions.
- Provided support to assistant engineers and CSG consultants on various questions and issues.
- Natoma Oaks subdivision – made a request to Wilsey Ham via email on 12/29 to address drainage deficiencies on Charles Ave.
Encroachment Permits and Customer Requests
- Encroachment permit requests - 1
- See Click Fix or customer calls - 2
- Submittal received - 0
- Issue EP21-0199 for septic tank abandonment and connection to Town sewer at 25623 Elena Rd
- Took in SR21-0065 for sewer connection at 12360 Priscilla Ln
- Lid replacement for sewer manholes – received a signed agreement from D&L Supply for additional 50 light weight lids for sanitary sewer manholes.
- Purissima Lift Station – released a purchase order to Shape Inc. for a new Flygt 3053 pump.
- O’Keefe Lift Station – provided Shape Inc. with a purchase agreement for two new Flygt 3085 pumps
- Altamont Plunge – finalized construction drawings for internal review. Two different retaining wall alignments are being proposed.
- 26731 Taaffe Rd – mailed notice Dec. 20 to remove 2 dead Eucalyptus trees by Dec. 31
- 26870 Taaffe Rd – Spoke with owner to clarify it’s not their tree, but across the street at 26731.
- 27891 Lupine Rd – mailed line of sight notice Dec. 3 to trim bushes by Dec. 17. Resident Jim Scholz mailed back response saying they won’t be able to do anything until Jan. 8, 2022 but are very willing to comply
- 26950 Arastradero Rd – PG&E removed top half of 14 dead pine tree
- Ongoing site inspections, writing reports, updating spreadsheet
- STOP WORK on 12170 Dawn Lane, inspected 4 times this week
- Inspections at 12255 Menalto, 27001 Appaloosa, Natoma Subdiv.
- Mark USA Service requests daily
- Covid Testing set up and support at Town Hall Chambers
- Monthly town wide fire extinguisher check
- Monthly Vehicle inspection and cleaning
- Storm drain and ditch cleaning after storms
- Purissima park clean up and preparations for Little League to start
- Maintenance duties at Town Hall