Storm Update as of January 5, 2023 at Noon
Storm Response Recap
In an abundance of caution and in line with the State, the County of Santa Clara and many of our neighboring jurisdictions in order to facilitate a focused and effective response to the storm, the Town of Los Altos Hills also activated the Emergency Operations Center on Wednesday, January 4, at 1:00 pm and the City Manager proclaimed a local emergency. Public Works teams were busy on Wednesday into Thursday morning responding to issues, including downed trees, blocked drains, failed pumps, and more.
We had a series of power outages last night and some continue to today. PG&E had to call back crews last night due to adverse weather but have redeployed efforts and are trying to restore power. The area of West Loyola (west of 280) and Fremont Pines Lane continues to be without power. We have been in touch with PG&E and they are actively working on the multiple circuits that were compromised. They did not have an ETA as of this message but understand the urgency and are actively working to restore power. Please continue to monitor the PG&E site and report outages as they occur.
A significant storm has passed through the area. Rain is forecasted to continue over the next 7 to 10 days, with some breaks in between. To track National Weather Service storm updates, please use this link.
All roads are currently open, but due to the saturated soils and the continuing rain, please be mindful that trees may still fall. Additionally, please avoid using Los Altos Hills Pathways and Open Spaces as the ground is heavily saturated, and there is an increased risk of debris, tree, and limbs falling. Edith Park and Purissima Park Baseball Fields are currently closed to the public.
Street sweeping of the Town's major arterial roads will occur on Friday, January 6 and potentially again after the wave of wind and storms events pass.
- Emergency: 911, imminent threat to life or another serious emergency.
- Emergency Call to Sheriff / Fire Department: 911
- Non-Emergency to Sheriff: 408-299-2311
- For power outages and electrical problems, call PG&E at 1-800-743-5000. To report and search for an outage, please use the link here: PG&E Outage Center.
- Down trees and sewer overflow/backup call Town Hall at 650-941-7222 (during office hours).
- AFTER office hours, please contact Santa Clara County Communications at 408-299-3233 or Citizen Portal (iworq.net).
- Creek and local street flooding: 408-630-2378 or Valley Water's website.
- Sandbag Stations - Available at the Corp Yard located at 27500 Purissima Road.
- For filled sandbags stations, visit the following https://www.valleywater.org/flooding-safety/flood-ready/sandbags.